Effective as of July 28, 2011
We believe in the power of interactive media, and we strive to educate parents and kids about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services. We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We describe our information collection and use practices below. We urge kids to check with their parents before entering information on any one of our Platforms, and we recommend that parents discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of Personal Information (as defined below) to anyone they don’t know.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up for certain Services (e.g., joining our mailing list), you may be prompted to provide certain limited personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information may include your name and e-mail address. It is our company policy to offer our Services in a manner that requires the minimum collection of Personal Information from our users. Although we try to limit our collection of information from kids to what is known as non-personally identifiable information (e.g., screen name, birthday, gender, state, and zip code), we may, from time to time, request limited Personal Information in order to offer certain Services. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily. And, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Kids, please do not provide us any Personal Information without your parents’ permission.
2. Geolocational Information
In order to use certain features of the Services, we may, with your prior permission, collect geolocational information from your mobile device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers (“Geolocational Information”). Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when one of our mobile applications is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow Megapops to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we will not be able to provide certain Services to you. Because your Geolocational Information is subject to abuse by others, please be sure to manage your mobile device and privacy preferences on the mobile application on an ongoing basis. Kids, please discuss our collection of such information with your parents before enabling it on your mobile device.
3. Billing Information
In order to purchase certain goods and Services, parents and other individuals older than 13 will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, billing address, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information).
4. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information and the Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide and the Geolocational Information that we may automatically collect with your permission, Megapops may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide, such as your age, gender, and product and service preferences.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, such as the type of Platform you’re using, device model, operating system, mobile application version, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Websites you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the mobile applications.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Cookies are used to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Services. If you do not want the Platforms to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer and/or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Services may not function properly.
- From Other Sources. Information about you that we collect or receive from other sources with which you have registered, companies with which we have a business relationship, or other third parties. Megapops may associate this information with the Personal Information.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have signed up or registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information and/or Billing Information by (i) e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (ii) following the instructions found on the applicable Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any marketing email. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account, however. Megapops will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Megapops strives to help parents ensure that their kids have a safe and fun experience using our Services. So, parents can review any Personal Information collected about their child under 13 years old, have this information deleted, and/or request that there be no further collection or use of their child’s Personal Information. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child and to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
How the Information is Used and Shared
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information to provide you the Services, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and Services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer promotional programs, and to improve the Services. Also, we may share Personal Information, Geolocational Information, Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to administer our promotional programs, including contests and sweepstakes, Megapops may share Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and the Services, we might analyze Other Information and Geolocational Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Megapops may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Megapops or others.
How Your Information is Protected
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use industry-standard technology, a secure server, and other physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security of such information. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. Megapops cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platforms may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Websites and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By visiting the Websites, using the Services, and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
How to Contact Us